Utility Bill Online Payment System Changes
The City of Baytown has improved the way you pay and view your City of Baytown utilities. The City launched a new utility billing system on March 27. On or after this date, customers will need to create a new profile and link their accounts on the Baytown Utility Services portal.
What you need:
- Your new customer and account numbers, found on the bill mailed after March 27.
- Create a new profile on the Baytown Utility Services portal.
- Pay your bill online, in-person, by mail, or other alternate payment sites, like Food Town, Walmart, Kroger, and Ace Cash.
Previous customer and account numbers will no longer be valid. However, your autopay information will move over to the new portal. Pay-by-phone is no longer a payment option.
- What is the Baytown Utility Services portal?
This portal will provide an easier self-service experience, allowing you a one-stop-shop way to pay and manage your utility account.
- When will this new portal launch?
The Baytown Utility Services portal will launch on Monday, March 27, 2023. The old utility payment system will close on Friday, March 31, 2023.
- How do I access the new Baytown Utility Services portal?
Starting on March 27, 2023, you will use the new customer and account numbers (found in your direct-mailed letter from the City and/or the utility bill) to create a profile found by clicking on the link on this page.
- Can I use my current account numbers?
No. Customers will be required to register for a new online profile and cannot use their existing utility services portal login.
- I'm moving soon. How will this impact the new customer and account numbers?
The customer number will stay with you as long as you stay in Baytown, but the account number will stay with the current property address.
- Will this change impact current City utility services to my home?
No. Your services will stay the same. The new system was created to improve the customer experience and make it easier to pay and access your bill.
- Can I still pay the way I have before?
You can still pay your bill in person, by mail, and at night drop locations. You can also stop by Food Town, Walmart, Kroger, Joe V's, and Ace Cash to pay your bill.
- Can I still pay by phone?
No. Pay-by-phone service is no longer available.
- Do you have a paperless bill option?
Yes. In addition to looking at previous bills and your water and sewer usage, you will have the opportunity to go paperless, receive text or e-mail notifications about your bill, and so much more.
Accessing your new Utility Bill is a two-part process. First you will need to create a new user profile on Tyler Identity website (Tyler Help Website). After your account has been fully configured, you will need to link your utility accounts to your user profile. The steps below will outline the process. Detailed instructions with screenshots (PDF)
Create New User Profile
There are two ways to create your new user profile. Depending on your selected signin method, you will experience a different process for creating your account. To get started:
- Visit the Baytown Utility Billing account access site.
- Click "Log In" in the upper right corner. The "Sign in to community access services." login prompt is presented.
Create an Account with Google, Apple, Microsoft or Facebook Login
Click the appropriate option, and provide your user name and password. Choose next to continue to set up your account.
- The “Create an account page” opens.
- Fill in requested information to finish creating your account.
Create an Account with Your Email Address
If you don’t have, or chose not to use, a Google, Apple, Microsoft, or Facebook account, click “Sign up” at the bottom of the login page and continue to follow the below directions.
- Fill in requested information and click “Sign up”
- You will see a notification that a verification email was sent
- Check your email for a message from “Community Access Id.”
- Click “Activate account” This will open a browser window (ex. Chrome, Microsoft Edge) with the Baytown Utility Billing page.
Link Your Account to New Profile
To finish the process to access your account in the newly created profile, you must link your account to your profile in the new system, follow the below steps. To complete the steps, be sure to log into the new system if you are not currently signed in with the new account previously set up.
- On the left side menu click “Baytown Utility Billing”
- Click “Utility Billing”
- Click “Accounts” which brings up the Utility Billing Accounts page
- Click the “Link to Account” link, which brings up the Account Link Setup page
- Type in the “account ID” and “CID” provided in the letter mailed to your home (shown below)
- Click “Submit”
The creation of your user profile, and the linking to your utility billing account is now complete.